Case Study 2
Set up and development of a new cancer charity.
We were approached to advise and assist on the set up and strategic development of a new, national cancer charity. The founder, a successful business entrepreneur and philanthropist, and cancer survivor, wanted to realise his vision to help prevent, overcome and survive this disease.
We assisted on fulfilling the legal requirements to become a charity and for registration of the charity with the appropriate body (in this case the Scottish Charities Commission).
We advised on the set up and strategic development of the charity including:
- Formulation the mission statement and charitable objectives
- Formulation of the initial business plan (both are requirements for charity commission registration)
- Research and engagement with senior, eminent members of the national and international medical and clinical community to join the charity’s Clinical Advisory Team
- Assistance on copy for and editing of the website, copywriting for other materials
- General advice on aspects of strategic development and governance, (including advice on developing income streams).
- General advice on PR
- Research of other bodies and organisations with a view to developing powerful, mutually beneficial partnerships
The charity officially launched in February 2013 and just one year on, it has become a key advocate on key issues such as HPV gender neutral vaccination and a gold standard of care for patients garnering regular, national media coverage in the broadcast and print media.